O.k. so I've known for a long time that I had to give up the binky at naptime thing - I just felt like she wouldn't nap without it and I wasn't willing to give up her naps yet.
I keep mentioning to her that we need to give it up soon and so far she's a no go - then the other day in desperation we had the following conversation.
"Katie, I think that since you're such a big girl, you should give up your binky to the binky fairy"
"Mommy, what is the Binky Fairy"
"The binky fairy is a fairy that comes when big kids are ready to give up their binkies. She comes and takes them and then leaves you money for your piggy bank"
She then started at me for a few seconds and then slammed me with this
"Maybe you are the binky fairy and you want my binkies"
I did a double take - literally and asked her what she had just said - she then got shy and wouldn't repeat it because she thought she was in trouble and I had to stifle the biggest laugh I've ever had to hold in in my life.......
SO I thought the binky fairy was doomed and that my kid would just keep her binky for awhile.
Then this morning she told Dave she might leave them for the binky fairy - so this afternoon I asked her and she said she wanted to and we rounded them all up - left them in a basket in front of her door and she is currently singing and playing in her crib. Who knows if she will go to sleep - but she isn't crying and she isn't asking for one - so I'll take it as a half win for now:)
fingers crossed people - fingers crossed!
1 comment:
I'll have to remember the binky fairy for my next kid. JC just stopped letting me put it in his mouth when he was about 3 or 4 months- it was like he finally figured out there was no food coming out of it so why should I suck on it. He does however rub tags but not any tag they have to be ones that are silky like. Good luck with naps!
Post a Comment