The binky fairy came yesterday morning. Katie left her binkies out Friday for nap time, but never took a nap so I had to explain that the binky fairy only comes when big kids are sleeping.
It worked - kind of.
Binky Fairy left her an award to hang on her wall and $10 to spend however she wanted. So, we went out to the bookstore cause that's where she wanted to go and on the way stopped at a tag sale we happened to pass by.
$2 got Katie got quite a haul!
She has done nothing but play with these Cars cars and the super cool Mack Truck thingy that turns into Lightening McQueens little house since we got back. Seriously, all that for $2.
She did ask for her binky 2 days in a row at naptime and she didn't nap Friday or Saturday - but today we held out and let her cry and yell for a little bit and she eventually went to sleep for long enough that we had to wake her. So, I'm hoping a few days to get it into a habit and we should be good. She isn't getting the binkies back - but I'm not ready to give up naptime so hopefully we can meet in the middle and on the days where she doesn't actually sleep - she will keep hanging out in her crib for about an hour or an hour and a half with toys and books.
Ben continues to be AWESOME except for when he's miserable from teething and waking up at night just because. We really can't wait for these first 2 teeth to come in cause it's pretty pitiful around here. I haven't gotten more than 2 hours sleep in a row consistently for awhile now because I am having trouble sleeping and of course only fall asleep an hour before he wakes up.
For now, we are just trying to survive on very little sleep. I have been getting headaches and having trouble sleeping and Dave has been AWESOME at doing double duty when I'm out of commission. So, we aren't doing much besides caring for the kids at the moment.
Between the new Cars cars and the Play-Doh accessories we bought for Katie - we have been busy all week with a renewed enthusiasm - which is good. She needs more variety in her life - so we will just have to buy her some new toys every few months to make sure she stays excited:) I will also have to start giving some toys away to make space for the new toys. It's hard because every time I want to do that, I think - Oh but Ben might like this when he's a little older....
I think that's it for updates at the moment. It's time for me to try to go to bed... Yes, it's 8:00 - but man, I'm tired!!!!
XOXOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment