Monday, February 7, 2011

Updates!



We have been busy! Mommy has been getting over a nasty cold and feeling VERY VERY pregnant and uncomfortable. Katie has been on and off with her napping and wanting to go to bed very late and we have also completely rearranged the apartment to make space for brother baby.

Katie and I have been crafting like CRAZY. I think it's some sort of nesting or something like I feel like I have to get as much crocheting done before he comes or something because I'm obsessed.
In the past month, I've made 2 scarves for an order, brother babies coming home sweater and hat, a matching scarf for me, a a tea set for Katie, 2 beanie hats for Jessica's baby, a red cowboy hat for Katie (which she won't wear) a scarf for me and some other things I can't remember!


















I introduced Katie to stringing macaroni for necklaces and it was a big hit. She made one for her, then one for Ba ba and then one for me. The next day she made one for Dave and then a few days later I let her paint some macaroni to make another one... She REALLY liked painting them.


I get Crochet Today - it was one of my favorite birthday gifts last year and when it came this week - I was looking through it and Katie saw the tea set and asked me to make it... so I made her a green tea pot and yellow cups. You are supposed to put flowers on it, so I put a few on one night and then I asked Katie if she wanted me to make more for it and she told me, "No mommy, that's ok - there are plenty of flowers on it." so, they are kind of plain. I think she picked some of the ugliest colors of yarn that we have... but I let her pick them out - and she LOVES THIS TEA SET. She is obsessed again with tea parties.

I also made her a Jessie hat from toy story - but she won't wear it... so it was a wasted day at this point = but that's ok. Today I am making her a bigger version of the beanie hat I made for Jessica's baby because she asked me for one, I'm doubtful she'll wear that one either but it's ok!
Katie came with me to the doctor today and he said everything looks good and there really isn't much that can be done for being so uncomfortable besides taking it easy - yay. We go back in 2 weeks for another check up and then one week after that we get our final ultrasound and then very soon after that, he will make his first appearance...

Katie is still eating cereal like a 15 year old boy and we still don't have a name for brother baby. We do however, have his clothes ready and washed and some diapers and wipes and I have started packing my hospital bag just in case.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Baby Payne said...

I can't wait to see the hats!!!! I LOVE the jesse hat. So, i guess katie is not into wearing hats, huh! Sorry you've been feeling miserable, but girl I am right there with ya! I am feeling pretty crappy and have started to swell. it's AWESOME! I hope she comes early like luke did.