Sunday, February 13, 2011

Getting Ready for 2

Katie didn't want the frosting from Mia's birthday cupcake.... picky picky!

A very entertaining game of musical chairs


Some of my nesting crafts - I'm unstoppable. Dave laughs at me - but I seriously am like obsessed with making play food.


We have slowly but surely been getting ready for Mr. Man to arrive by re-organizing the whole apartment from kitchen to bathroom:) Today Dave and I are going to go out and buy him some decorations for his side of the room so that he has his own place to come home to. We have SO MUCH stuff already set up, but we feel like we need to try to make it extra special to be for him and not just be Katie's left over stuff.

We just found out that Luvs changed their diaper - so we had to take 2 cases that we had bought to get ready back to the store and look for the OLD blues clues design because apparently the new and improved ones are HORRIBLE And are getting nothing but bad reviews.

So, off to find some pooh stuff we go as we are going to keep Dave's old Pooh blanket from when he was a kid and decorate around that.

My next doctors appointment is in a week and a half (which I think is a bit far away - but am not worried) and then we have our final ultra sound in 2 weeks.

This week we have to go fill out paperwork for the hospital and do a tour -so I guess it's getting pretty real and is really just around the corner:)

We received some FUN packages this week for Valentines Day with some Gift cards and some crafts which will keep miss Katie busy for awhile. Thank you everyone!
She LOVES getting mail. Every time she sees a package - she says... "package for Katie!"

She is doing well and we are trying hard to keep preparing her for when brother baby comes home. She came with me to my last appt. so if you ask her what his heartbeat sounds like... she makes a whooshing sound that is JUST like what it sounds like on the machine.

This kid is a genius. I mean... I know all parents say that - but I'm dead serious - she's super smart and it's almost scary. We have full conversations now - and she can even remember when I tell her that we need something from the store - so when we go to the store she reminds me. She can tell you who gave her certain presents from her birthday party. She looked at a picture taken at my aunts house the other day and said... Uncle Louie's and Titi Millie's house, we go there sometimes. She also looked at a picture of my cousin Nick and said - from Uncle Louie's and Titi Millie's house...

Her new favorite things to say are..... "but I need this" or just for a little bit - like "Want to watch tv just for a little bit before naptime" or want to play tea party just for a little bit.

She is quite the social butterfly and LOVES her playdates with her friends.

She also has perfected the way that Dave says Damn it and the way that I say Stupid and I know you aren't supposed to laugh but it makes me almost pee my pants every time. She uses it in the right context and tone and everything.

Hopefully we'll have some pics to post later of Brother Baby's new space:)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Can't wait to see how you guys have set up the little guy's space. We have segmented our bedroom for Baby2 so he has his rocking chair, cradle, and things all in one place of his own. Also can I just say that Jake says he "needs" things too and it just cracks me up. He'll hand me things and say "mommy needs this" Need seems like such a strong word so in certain contexts I'm thinking "well no, I don't really NEED this" but to a two year old you really do. Love this age.