Thursday, September 15, 2011

School

So, that's that - Katie is officially enrolled in " Big Girl school" We went today to visit and make our first payment and she didn't want to leave. They started her in the Pre-K class today but I think she will go with the 2 and 3 year olds first and then work her way into the Pre-K 3 class.

I liked this place because they will let her do Pre-K earlier than most other schools.


We have to pay for a full day because they didn't have any openings in their "part time" program - but soon they will move her into PT and maybe it will be a little less.

My plan is to have Dave drop her off at 8:30 so she can have breakfast with her class and then stay until after lunch. (I'm hoping it will encourage better eating habits from our picky eater.)


She seems excited and ready so I am excited and ready.


We got her lunch box today and will pack her back pack with her blankies and an extra set of clothes... she's not allowed to bring any toys - so Ba Ba will have to stay in the car.


We'll see how that goes!


That means more time for me and Ben and more time for me to work because I am working on a special project for my old company and couldn't be HAPPIER! I missed work so much and it feels so GOOD to be working again! Even though it's just part time.


She also is sleeping in a Big Girl Bed - we took the front of her crib off and converted it into a daybed and then put a Princess Railing up so she won't get in and out and so far so good.

She sleeps all night and even naps (occasionally) Even if she doesn't nap, she stays in bed and reads and talks to her friends - so it's working for us. She even climbed out yesterday and got herself a book with noise and then climbed back in... so when I went back in to ask her where it came from - she said, I don't know!!! and gave me a guilty look -

then when I told Dave about it at night - she said, "but I got back in bed"

LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!


Ben is doing great. Crawling all over the place... well... if you can call it crawling he pushes with his foot and drags himself - but he's fast and determined! I think he'll be walking soon - if you hold his hands up - he will take some steps - his legs are CRAZY strong.


Dave and I are doing well. My thyroid medicine is working wonders which is great for everyone! We might go to Sesame Place this weekend since we have season passes and Katie LOVES IT!


Gotta run, Ben just crawled across the floor and tried to eat our insurance papers - since he's the second child, I'm not rushing cause he'll live;)


I told you, he's fast!

No comments: