Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Frozen Birthday Party Food

It's all in the details and I had SO MUCH fun with this! Blue/White/Purple everything!

I searched Pinterest and found TONS of ideas and did almost all of them. They all were SUPER EASY and lots of fun.

For Katie's bday at school I hand piped individual snowflakes out of melted chocolate to put on top of the cupcakes. You have to make sure the temperature of the chocolate is just right otherwise this is hard to do - once you get the hang of it though - Super easy and the kids loved them.


 I went to the Dollar Store - Bought some White Fudge covered FLIPZ - melted blue candy melts and drizzled them all over the Flipz - then sprinkled a little blue sugar for some extra sparkle. The girls LOVED THESE!
 I painted all the white plastic glasses from the Dollar store and put blue punch out (Hawaiian Punch) It was a HUGE HIT as well.
 Dipped Pretzel rods in candy melt  and a little blue sugar.
 Cheated and bought pre-colored frosting - then mixed it with white frosting to make it a little lighter - piped it on and then finished with snowflake sprinkles.
 The Painted cups with the blue jello in it.
 Had the kids help hand dip marshmallows in  - you guessed it - candy melt and blue sugar:) Then we dipped lollipop sticks in chocolate and stabbed the marshmallows to make lollipops.
 Fruits, veggies and little Kristoff Ice bites (blue jello jigglers cut into cubes- I put them in mini snowflake cupcake liners and passed them around butler style)
The centerpiece is a bunch of blue/purple/white stuff I bought during Christmas Clearance from the craft store
Somehow, Linda was able to find a baker that ACTUALLY had the Frozen cake decorator kit! Huge hit with the ladies!

I mean, seriously - Anna and Elsa sang happy birthday to them - it was AWESOME
We made a candy bar and let the girls pick 5 things each to take home - it was total chaos for a bit - but in the end, worked perfectly as I had to distract them from the princesses leaving the house:)

We also had snowflake sugar cookies with white icing which were DELICIOUS.

Looking back, we should have had less sugar but it was just ALL SO MUCH FUN and so pretty - you can't really make carrots blue and sparkly right???


No comments: