It took us awhile to figure out what she was talking about. Even before she saw the movie, buzz and woody characters always drew her attention at stores and on commercials. So, we got the movie and watched it and she's hooked!
She walks around the house going... buuuuuuz weeeeeeee, buuuuuuuz, weeeeeee - T - then points to the TV as if we don't know what she wants!!! It's adorable!
I used to love the alien from the first toy story and we had one at Mimi's house and brought it home with us and she requested that she be allowed to take it to bed last night. She held it with her blankie told Dave to SIT in the chair and READ her a book. Ba ba was still in the crib, but it was the first time she wanted something other than Big Bird.
Mimi ordered her soft buzz and woody's cause I couldn't find them anywhere so I wonder if they will all end up in bed with her. (which dave won't allow cause he hates when she brings stuff to bed:))
let's see... what else is going on??? Ummmmm Negotiation. It's a wonderful thing. We can usually get Katie to finish eating something she would rather not eat if we tell her that if she eats it, we will give her something she wants. And the something she always really wants is 9 times out of 10 FRUIT. FRUIT are these gerber fruit strips that are like fruit leathers. She LOVES THEM. So, we can get her to eat a broccoli patty by telling her that if she eats it, she will get fruit. It's win win for us! I hope it works for a long time, although these little buggers are expensive and small and she could eat 2 or 3 at a sitting - so I am looking for alternatives that are all fruit as we try very hard not to give her any crap or added sugar or processed foods.
Along with negotiation is the fact that she completely understands us. I was trying to wash her hand the other day (she had shredded a crayon under her fingernails and I was trying to dig it out with a wipe ) and she was fighting me. At the time, we were watching Dora and I told her if she didn't let me wash her hand, I was going to turn Dora off... so she thrust her hand at me to let me clean it. I almost fell off the couch!
She is talking more and more every day. She copies TONS of stuff and has come up with new "words" that we can't yet translate yet. I love that she is putting two words together like her new favorite thing to do... "wash hands" at the sink, standing on a chair.
She also says, Hi mama, Hi Dada, Hi Dama (I think she just gets excited and jumbles it)
We taught her this weekend to say Mimis house which comes out MIMI HOWSH and PUZZZSH means puzzles (she LOVES puzzles) She has also discovered Curious George cartoons and says GEORGE.
We are busy as you can imagine and trying to come up with ways to keep her busy and interested in learning. We will post more pics when we have some!
Here is a pic from our last pasta night!

Along with negotiation is the fact that she completely understands us. I was trying to wash her hand the other day (she had shredded a crayon under her fingernails and I was trying to dig it out with a wipe ) and she was fighting me. At the time, we were watching Dora and I told her if she didn't let me wash her hand, I was going to turn Dora off... so she thrust her hand at me to let me clean it. I almost fell off the couch!She is talking more and more every day. She copies TONS of stuff and has come up with new "words" that we can't yet translate yet. I love that she is putting two words together like her new favorite thing to do... "wash hands" at the sink, standing on a chair.
She also says, Hi mama, Hi Dada, Hi Dama (I think she just gets excited and jumbles it)
We taught her this weekend to say Mimis house which comes out MIMI HOWSH and PUZZZSH means puzzles (she LOVES puzzles) She has also discovered Curious George cartoons and says GEORGE.
We are busy as you can imagine and trying to come up with ways to keep her busy and interested in learning. We will post more pics when we have some!
Here is a pic from our last pasta night!
1 comment:
Adorable things going on! I am in love with this talking, mimicking, and knowing they understand exactly what you're saying so I totally know you you mean.
Post a Comment