NURSERY SET UP
So, yes I have become overwhelmed by the nesting instinct aa I cannot sit still knowing there is so much left to do! So, today we cleaned out a bunch of junk, (we have a lot and this will continue for awhile probably) re-organized our closets, moved furniture around, and made space for her crib and changing table in the nursery!!!!!
The crib is bigger than what I really wanted for the apartment, but it's very hard to find a small, safe crib these days, so we went with the one with the highest safety ratings from Babies R Us. The changing table is from IKEA and the drawers will hold her clothes until she runs out of space and has to share a dresser with her mommy for awhile:)
We ordered a glider for her nursery, but since the crib is so large, we might have to keep that in our room or the living room - once it comes, we will find space for it.
We had ordered 2 arm chairs to go with our new couch bed (for guests) but decided that 1 was enough, especially in case we have to put the glider in the living room. (We have to leave space for all her stuff)
We have started looking for pediatricians so we can interview, started writing down questions for the next doctors visit about the labor plan and are trying to finalize our plans for our last few weekends before she comes. Now we have to decide if we want to take the childbirth class - I don't want to at all, but Dave thinks it might be a good idea - so we will see after the next visit if the doctor thinks it's really important, or it we can skip it. (My theory is, the less information I am bombarded with, the less freaking out I can do between now and delivery day - makes no sense to stress out over things that can't be controlled.)
It's starting to get very stressful, just because you never know what is going to come up and we're trying to plan our weekends and make sure we have everything ready in time. I'm sure this is completely normal and will go away - if not, send your good thoughts and wishes to Dave who has been unbelievably patient (even for him) through this whole thing and who never laughs at my endless lists of things we have to do!
Hoping we make it through the holidays with no incidents and minimal stress...
~The Metcalfes



3 comments:
aww I miss that whole nesting period - our house was so clean. haha. I know it's semi-far from you guys, but our pedis are in Mt. Kisco (Dr. Nick Germanakos and Dr. Sona Mehra) and they are wonderful. also, we did not take childbirth classes (I had Jake the Tuesday before our Sunday class because of the induction) and it was really fine. they give you a crash course on how to breathe when it's all happening and basically the baby is coming out no matter what! :) it's so exciting that you guys have the holidays and then it's baby time!
Looks very nice. Before you know it, it will store your clothes while the baby sleeps with you...lol...jk
Annie, We didn't take classes either, of any sort.... And Jonathan's pedi is Dr. Mascoli....
I love the dr. office!
Post a Comment